Friday, June 08, 2007

Change of plans...

Am feeling much more peaceful since I decided to avoid travelling anywhere but where I have family. I am not going to make it back 'home' to Olinda, Recife or the Northeast. I am choosing to have sanity instead. My children are not travellers. They must have inherited this from someone else. I tried to go letterboxing with them and barely made it 200 yards before both were whining about being hungry and tired and blah blah blah. This while I was carrying K on my back. ARGHH. It made me realize that if I am trying to have a month-long adventure, I'd better have backup. Cuz otherwise I will just go to the looney bin.

New plans are fun. My uncle Ted and his wife Dede' will pick us up at the airport in Sao Paulo. We'll drive to his house about 4 hours away. Spend a week there, then drive with Dede' and Ted all the way to my aunt Becky and uncle Ricardy's house (supposedly 12 hours). We will spend about three weeks there. Then we will bus it overnite to Sao Paulo to catch our flight back home. A lot less traveling and much more peace for me.

No comments: